Parents As Partners in the IEP Process
The Utah Parent Center is pleased to present the following training modules on the IEP Process. This four-part series focuses on the roles and responsibilities of parents with team members and the development of the individualized education program, or IEP, for their student with a disability. One overview module about the IEP process is also available in Spanish. It may be helpful for you to download a copy of the Utah Parent Center’s Parents as Partners in the IEP Process – Parent Handbook. After you have viewed the training modules, please contact the Parent Consultants at the Utah Parent Center for individual assistance in applying this information to your student’s situation. You can also obtain a free DVD with the IEP training modules and a free copy of the parent handbook by calling the Utah Parent Center at (801) 272-1051 or (800) 468-1160.
- MODULE 1 : Referral, Evaluation, and Eligibility for Special Education Services
- MODULE 2 : Developing an Appropriate Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for your Student
- MODULE 3 : Understanding your Parents’ Rights and Procedural Safeguards
- MODULE 4 : Using Negotiation and Advocacy Skills to Work with Your Student’s School Team
- SPANISH : Padres como Parte en el Proceso del IEP