When you become part of the Utah Parent Center, you’re joining a movement of parents, families, communities, lawmakers, and CEO’s with a shared belief: Every child deserves to feel supported and successful.
Families struggle to find resources.
With your help, together we can make a difference!
Alternate Ways to Give:
- By Mail: 230 West 200 South #1101, SLC, UT 84101
- By Phone: 801-272-1051
- Donate in Remembrance of a Child or Family Member
- Have family and friends make donations in your honor or to honor a loved one for a special occasion such as a holiday, birthday, or anniversary.
- Employer Matching Gifts
- Be a Corporate Sponsor. Contact us for sponsorship options.
- Designate the UPC in your will/trust or in a Donor Advised Fund through your financial planner.
- Become a UPC Crusader: Create your own campaign and hold a Facebook Fundraiser for the UPC. Rally the troops and hold a bake sale or rummage sale with proceeds benefiting the UPC. Create a letter writing campaign and urge family and friends to visit our website and donate in honor of your family.
Your gift helps families like
Jackson has a rare chromosome duplication, is on the autism spectrum, has ADHD, anxiety, and Oppositional Defiance Disorder.
During his junior high years, Jackson was extremely volatile, to the point of his family not being sure he could remain in their home. His mother contacted the Utah Parent Center and had a heartbreaking discussion about her options for treatment and care. While the UPC wasn’t able to cure Jackson, they gave his family the resources needed to get through a moment of crisis and develop a plan for his care.
Jackson is now stable, thriving, and enjoying high school. He is happily involved in his Special Education classes and even attended his school’s Homecoming Dance.
The parent advocates at the Utah Parent Center have proven to be lifesaving helpers time and time again in regard to our daughter’s education. A quick phone call or email to the Utah Parent Center always results in a reassuring and helpful conversation with a person who has up-to-date knowledge, professional connections, and real personal experience with regard to the special education system for our specific school district.
The free course offered through the Utah Parent Center entitled, “Parents as Partners in the IEP Process,” is absolutely invaluable. Inviting a parent advocate to attend our student’s IEP gives us peace of mind, and also results in more positive outcomes from our IEP meetings. We heart the UPC! Thank you!
The Utah Parent Center is such a great resource for me and my family. The thing that helps me the most as a mother of a special needs child is seeing all the helpful tips on Facebook from the UPC and not feeling so alone in this journey with a special needs child. Like a lot of people, I am busy with a full time professional career and motherhood of two handsome boys.
I hope to continue to see these helpful tips, advice and support from UPC on Facebook! Thank you!
I am so grateful for the Utah Parent Center. If it hadn’t been for their support and knowledge I would have given up a long time ago at the expense of my daughter. I felt hopeless and my consultant empowered me to become the best advocate for my daughter.
They have always gone above and beyond, even if they didn’t know, they collaborated as a team and gave me all the resources and knowledge I needed.
Your donation in action:
The Utah Parent Center serves families of the one in six children in Utah impacted by disabilities or special health care needs. While $250.00 provides a day of private training with one of our Parent Consultants, $1250.00 provides resources, training, and support for a week. We are unable to reach more families without your help. Every little bit counts!
- $10 will send UPC materials in the mail to 4 families.
- $15 provides 5 copies of training videos for families
- $25 funds a one hour private consultation with a UPC Parent Consultant
- $30 funds translation of a UPC handout
- $35 funds a parent to attend the Family Links Conference
- $125 funds a parent workshop
- $150 funds a day of training for a parent on IEP, Transition or other topics.
- Fund a piece of technology for the UPC $500-1,500
- Fund an online training video $1,000-10,000
…benefit the Utah Parent Center programs and projects which provide resources, information, and training to help strengthen Utah families impacted by special needs.
More ways to support the Utah Parent Center
With GoodSearch (powered by Yahoo!), donations to the Utah Parent Center are made EVERY TIME you complete a web search – just search the internet just like you normally would. You can download the UPC’s GoodSearch toolbar to streamline your searching!
For eligible purchases at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the Utah Parent Center!
When you checkout and enter our code – utparentcenter – we will receive a portion of the proceeds from your purchase…at no extra cost to you!
Simply visit goodshop.com or click the logo above. In the “Who do you GoodSearch for” box, type “Utah Parent Center”. Next, click through to our partner merchants and start shopping! A percentage of your purchase will go to the Utah Parent Center.