Parent Consultant Serving Families in Canyons School District
Office: (801) 826-8192 Cell: (385) 266-1708
Do you have a child with special needs attending school in Canyons School District? Is your child struggling in school? Do you have questions or concerns about your child’s IEP or Section 504 plan?
If so, there is someone that can help you!
The Utah Parent Center has partnered with Canyons School District to provide free assistance to families of children with special educational needs.
If your child has special needs, so do you! The Parent Consultant serving families in Canyons School District offers:
These services are offered to parents and professionals through the provision of one-on-one consultations by phone or in person, and group workshops and presentations.
Aleis can help you by:
- providing a free, private consultation in-person or over the phone regarding questions or concerns about the special education process.
- providing information on the IEP process and your rights and responsibilities under IDEA.
- helping you prepare for IEP/504 meetings and providing support during those meetings.
- connecting you to resources and supports in your community.
- providing workshops on the impact of having a child with special needs in your family, Section 504, IEPs, early transition, transition to adult life, and related issues.
All services provided are free and confidential. No information will be released without your consent