teacher student meeting iep

Who can work with the Parent Consultant? Any parent of an individual with a disability served in the District or professionals that work to support the families in the District.

All services are free and confidential.  No information will be released without your consent!

District Parent Consultants –  The Utah Parent Center has Parent Consultants that work specifically with parents of children and youth with disabilities in seven school districts across the state – Alpine, Canyons, Davis, Granite, Nebo, Salt Lake City and Tooele County School Districts.  All are parents of children or adults with disabilities!

What can District Parent Consultants do? The District Parent Consultant dedicated to serving families their assigned districts can:

  • Provide free, private consultations in-person or by phone regarding questions or concerns about the special education process.
  • Provide information on using the IEP process.
  • Provide information on procedural safeguards and your rights and responsibilities under IDEA.
  • Assist you in preparing for IEP meetings.
  • Provide support during IEP meetings.
  • Provide information about specific disabilities.
  • Provide workshops on IEPs, Transition, Section 504, communication and other topics.
  • Connect you to resources and supports in your community.

How can you contact the Utah Parent Center staff in one of these seven  Districts? Click on one of the links below!

Contact Us:

 Alpine School District: Maria Wiscombe

Canyons School District: Aleis Merrill

Davis School District: Roz Welch

Granite School District: Cynthia Clayton

Nebo School District:  Heidi Whittaker

Salt Lake City School District: Amy Weyrich

Tooele County School District:  Christine Evans

What if I don’t live in one of the seven Districts?  Who can help me? The Utah Parent Center’s Parent Training and Information Project serves parents in all school districts, public charter schools and the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind across the state.  Call 801-272-1051 or 800-468-1160 to reach a Parent Consultant who can help you!