District Parent Consultants – The Utah Parent Center has Parent Consultants that work specifically with parents of children and youth with disabilities in seven school districts across the state – Alpine, Box Elder, Canyons, Davis, Granite, Iron County, Nebo, Salt Lake City and Tooele County School Districts. All are parents of children or adults with disabilities!
What can District Parent Consultants do? The District Parent Consultant dedicated to serving families their assigned districts can:
- Provide free, private consultations in-person or by phone regarding questions or concerns about the special education process.
- Provide information on using the IEP process.
- Provide information on procedural safeguards and your rights and responsibilities under IDEA.
- Assist you in preparing for IEP meetings.
- Provide support during IEP meetings.
- Provide information about specific disabilities.
- Provide workshops on IEPs, Transition, Section 504, communication and other topics.
- Connect you to resources and supports in your community.