The Utah Legislature has approved $7.4 Million in funding for families on the DSPD Waiting List for the months of September through December 2020!
In Response to COVID-19
Short-Term Supports are Now Available to Individuals on the Waiting List for Services from the Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD)
- The services available to ALL individuals on the waiting list include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- Masks, Gloves, Hand Sanitizer
- A Tablet for telehealth and social connections with family and friends for emotional support
- For those who are 22 years old and older, nutritional support is available from Meals on Wheels.
- Starting with approximately the first 1,000 families with the highest needs (based on your number spot on the list), these individuals will also be eligible for Caregiver Compensation and/or One-Time Respite.
- Caregivers can be paid for up to 40 hours per week to provide direct care to their loved one
- Respite care can be provided by another person that temporarily relieves parents or caregivers from the day-to-day care they provide to their loved one
If your loved one is on the waitlist, make sure you go through the following steps to get what you need:
NEED HELP FILLING OUT THE PAPERWORK?
Do you have questions about the Short-Term Supports from DSPD?
Many questions can be answered here in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Watch the paperwork walkthrough for each fiscal agent.
Each training also has a walkthrough of the DSPD portion of the paperwork.
Need help understanding the process more closely and what this means for you and your loved one?
Call us for an individualized consultation at 801-272-1051
or email us at UTCares@utahparentcenter.org
We are here to help.