The Utah Legislature has approved $7.4 Million in funding for families on the DSPD Waiting List for the months of September through December 2020!
In Response to COVID-19
Short-Term Supports are Now Available to Individuals on the Waiting List for Services from the Division of Services for People with Disabilities (DSPD)
- The services available to ALL individuals on the waiting list include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)- Masks, Gloves, Hand Sanitizer
- A Tablet for telehealth and social connections with family and friends for emotional support
- For those who are 22 years old and older, nutritional support is available from Meals on Wheels.
- Starting with approximately the first 1,000 families with the highest needs (based on your number spot on the list), these individuals will also be eligible for Caregiver Compensation and/or One-Time Respite.
- Caregivers can be paid for up to 40 hours per week to provide direct care to their loved one
- Respite care can be provided by another person that temporarily relieves parents or caregivers from the day-to-day care they provide to their loved one
If your loved one is on the waitlist, make sure you go through the following steps to get what you need:
NEED HELP FILLING OUT THE PAPERWORK?
Do you have questions about the Short-Term Supports from DSPD?
Many questions can be answered here in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)