Transition to Adult Healthcare
Preparing for the transition to adult healthcare can be scary for both parents and self-advocates!
Let’s explore some things that you can do to prepare. As a self-advocate, you can begin to take charge of your own healthcare needs in small ways by considering the following…
- How long can the doctor see you?
- Are there limits to what they will treat?
- Can they help you find adult care providers?
- Make your own appointments
- Enter reminders for appointments in your calendar
- Manage your medications
- Follow up on any test results
- Don’t forget to ask about Telehealth services
Utah Parent Center has amazing resources to help you navigate this exciting next chapter.
We have published 2 new Handbooks to support your journey, transition to adult healthcare is covered in the blue section of both books .
Intermountain Healthcare will be holding the 4th Annual Teen to Adult HealthcareTransition Summit, this event will be hybrid and is free to the public. Please consider registering. REGISTRATION
Wednesday, October 12th, 2022
7:30 am – 12:00 pm
Attend in Person at:
Primary Children’s Hospital
Eccles Outpatient Services Building
81 N. Mario Capecchi Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84113
OR Attend Virtually