There are dedicated resources available to help individuals with disabilities find and maintain employment.
Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab or VR), a division of Workforce Services, supports individuals with disabilities in obtaining competitive, integrated employment in their community. They do this by providing professional vocational counseling and guidance. They do this by working partnerships with employers, school districts, higher education, and other agencies. VR also serves Utah businesses by offering training on hiring individuals with disabilities and workplace accommodations.
Voc Rehab offers the following services:
- Employment Services – Providing vocational rehabilitation services to help individuals find competitive, integrated employment.
- Utah Work Incentive Planning Services – Helping individuals make informed choices about how work affects their benefits.
- Utah Center for Assistive Technology – Offering assistive technology assistance to individuals with disabilities.
- Utah Assistive Technology Teams – Empowering students with disabilities through assistive technology.
- Business Services – Educating local business partners about disabilities in the workplace and avoiding discriminatory hiring practices.
- Student Transitions – Providing services to students with disabilities as they transition to adulthood and the workforce.
Go to https://jobs.utah.gov/usor/vr/apply.html to learn more about Vocational Rehabilitation services and how to apply.
MONTHLY ADVOCACY TIP:
Talk to family and friends at holiday gatherings, picnics and vacations about the issues your family finds challenging. Get the conversation started about what is important to you and start building community support.