More Healthcare Options for Families
On March 11, 2021, Congress signed The American Rescue Plan, or ARP, into law. This is a COVID-relief package created to support Americans impacted by the pandemic by making health care more affordable and accessible.
ARP allows some families to get more reduced monthly premiums as outlined below:
- ACA/Obamacare: There is more financial assistance available for all enrollees, with a lower maximum % of income that will go toward monthly premiums.
- $0 premiums for lower-income (below 150% FPL) individuals and families
- $0 premiums and low-out-of-pocket costs for 2021 for anyone who is on unemployment or has been on unemployment for even one week this year
- NEW financial assistance available for middle-class families (over 400% FPL), ensuring nobody pays more than 8.5% of income on premiums
- This boosted financial assistance means that enrollees can switch to lower deductible plans, plans with better coverage options, etc. and still have an affordable (or free!) monthly premium
- COBRA: There is NEW financial help to cover 100% of monthly premiums (temporarily)
Enticement for states to expand Medicaid if they haven’t yet; funding for home and community-based services; money for public health, vaccine distribution, and state and local governments that will help protect health and social services programs (http://www.healthpolicyproject.org).
If you want to find out if your family is eligible or need assistance with enrollment, contact the Utah Health Policy Project at 801-433-2299 or book your appointment at
You can also review other benefits available at