- This event has passed.
Transition University-On The Road in Richfield
April 22 @ 5:30 pm - April 23 @ 5:30 pm
For teens (13 & older) in special education or resource classes AND their parents or guardians. Educators are also welcome!
Here are a few things you and your teen can learn together.
Self-Advocacy & Self-Determination
- How to tell people what you need and want
Disability Laws and Protections
- How to access services and supports
- How to ask for reasonable accommodations
Transition IEP & Employment
- How to get the most out of school
- How to decide what they want to do in the future
- How to get a job
Healthy Living and Life Skills
- How to be healthy
- How to take care of themselves
- How to create social connections
- How to navigate safely online, at home, and in the community
- How to make decisions with support
Guardianship and other supports for adults