*Please note required qualifications
Serving Parents of Children with Disabilities in Jordan School District
TITLE: Parent Consultant Serving Parents of Children and Youth with Disabilities in Jordan School District, Utah Parent Center
LOCATION: Jordan School District Offices, Utah Parent Center, Murray
JOB STATUS: Permanent (for determination of eligibility for benefits only), Full-time; 20+ hours per week/40 per pay period
PAY RATE: $18.95/hour – includes benefit allotment
OPENING DATE: Monday, November 28, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, December 11, 2022
As an employee of the Utah Parent Center (UPC or Center), works from the Jordan School District office or the UPC as a neutral party to assist parents who have children in special education programs and services in Jordan School District; works with parents and others individually and in groups, to inform and train them in their rights, roles, and responsibilities; provides information and peer support to parents to help them work appropriately within the school system to resolve issues and meet the needs of their children; helps parents gain the necessary skills to build effective partnerships with educators and professionals; works with educators and professionals to create effective parent-professional partnerships; provides, as necessary, training and materials for parents and professionals; provides information and referral to various agencies, service providers; attends UPC staff meetings, training, and other activities with Center staff.
- Responsible directly to the Utah Parent Center Project Coordinator in collaboration with the Jordan School District Special Education Director and staff.
- Works cooperatively with all staff members, volunteers, and Board members.
- Works collaboratively with parents and professionals.
- Must be the parent of a child with a disability
- Must live within Jordan School District boundaries
- Is a self-started and self-motivated individual who is proficient in researching information and problem-solving independently.
- Successfully undergo a background check.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing
- Experience in effective public speaking, presentations, and training
- Computer and word processing skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of services and programs available for parents of children and youth with disabilities
- Knowledge of parents’ special education procedural safeguards/rights and the IEP process
- Scheduling flexibility required
- Must be willing/available to travel across Jordan School District as needed; use of reliable personal vehicle is required
- High school diploma required
TO APPLY, SUBMIT (by email, mail or in person):
- Letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, AND
- Current résumé with personal and employment references.
Please include both the letter and the resume when responding. An application will be required from qualified candidates selected for an interview.
Utah Parent Center Attention: Esperanza Reyes
5296 S. Commerce Dr., Suite 302, Murray, Utah 84107
Phone: 801-272-1051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org