DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
PART-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY (PRINTABLE VERSION)
TITLE: FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Utah Parent Center – Murray Office (See address below) – The UPC is a nonprofit Parent Training and Information Center serving parents of children, youth, and young adults with all disabilities.
JOB STATUS: 20 hours /week (40 hours/2 week pay period) – based on funding – hours may fluctuate to meet needs of the Center
PAY RATE: $23.89/hour (based on qualifications – includes benefit allotment)
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Development Assistant will assist with development and fundraising efforts to generate diverse funding for the UPC. A successful candidate will help to improve and grow the UPC’s fundraising initiatives through active collaboration with the UPC’s Development Coordinator.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
- Presence in office required during training period. Following the initial training period, work may be completed remotely. Flexibility may periodically be required for job related duties including some weekend and evening assistance to support events or other activities. Presence in office may be required at various times/days. Office hours, 9-5 Monday through Friday.
- Assist in projects to expand private donor and corporate giving. Initiatives include events, partnerships, and corporate / foundation grants.
- Conduct research, identify prospects, and assist in grant proposals to potential partners.
- Assist in grant reporting and tracking.
- Establish and maintain fundraising records, databases, and files as directed.
- Assist with donor thank you correspondence and donor relationship development.
- Assist with coordination of in-kind donations.
- Retrieve data and assist in the preparation of fundraising reports as directed.
- Assists Development Coordinator with the preparation and dissemination of marketing and orientation materials (PowerPoint presentations, flier creation, donor newsletters, social media posts, press releases, infographics), etc. Provides support to the Development Coordinator as needed. Content creation for marketing materials including initial creative development, formatting, branding, and dissemination using email listserv via Constant Contact, and various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Twitter – scheduled through Later). Applicant will utilize graphic, photo, and video making and editing software programs.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data (Center data, fundraising data, and social media statistics).
- Helps plan, coordinate, and execute the UPC’s signature fundraising events and campaigns. Flexibility in schedule and job duties are required during high need periods.
- Assist in building relationships with businesses and efforts to solicit donations for events.
- Assists in maintaining and updating Advisory Board and Committee information, e.g. Board Directory, Board meeting minutes, and Board mailings.
- Assists in setup of meetings including, but not limited to, all matters related to the preparation of meeting materials, room setup and breakdown, catering, basic tech support, etc. for various meetings.
- Assist with volunteer management and volunteer coordination.
- Assist in monitoring fundraising trends and help to adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Assist with fostering an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Development Coordinator under the UPC Executive Director.
- Works cooperatively with all constituents of the Center, staff members, volunteers, Board members, and professionals.
- Works as a team member with more than 30 staff in a dynamic, often demanding but rewarding work environment.
A qualified candidate:
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and highly computer literate. (required). Proficient with Mac OS (preferred).
- Must be skilled in use of Google products (email, Sheets, Docs, Drive). Minimum type speed of 50 words per minute. (preferred)
- Has knowledge of how to write and manage corporate / foundation grants. (strongly preferred)
- Has experience with fundraising and donor cultivation. (required)
- Must be able to develop, schedule, and post creative marketing content for social media. (required)
- Must have experience with graphic, photo, and video making and editing software programs. (i.e. Adobe Spark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, Powtoon or other video software, etc.) (required)
- Has experience with databases, electronic distribution, and online surveys (preferred).
- Must have good planning, relationship building, collaboration, creativity, innovation, organizational and problem-solving skills. (required)
- Must have the ability to collect, organize, and interpret basic statistical data (percentages, ratios, counts, averages, etc.)
- Must have volunteer experience and group organization skills. (required)
- Must have excellent and professional communication skills on the phone, in-person and via written communication. Position will interact with UPC Leadership team as well as Advisory Board members, donors, corporate contacts, and constituents. (required)
- Must be comfortable presenting to donors, building relationships and networks, soliciting businesses for donations, and interacting with the public. (required)
- Must accommodate flexible scheduling –see general job duties.
- Must be willing/available to travel across the state as needed; use of a reliable personal vehicle is
- A “can do” attitude and desire to broaden skill set and knowledge base. Day to day assignments may vary and applicant must be able to adapt to accomplish what is most needed to support the development and fundraising efforts of the Center.
- Marketing experience is a plus.
- Has a minimum of a high school diploma plus experience. (required) Two years of college or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Spanish-speaking desirable, but not required.
- Web experience (WordPress) desirable, but not required
- Parents of a child, youth, or young adult with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- Successful applicant will be required to complete a background check.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT (by email or mail):
- Letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position
- Current resume including professional references
- Please include both the letter and resume’ when responding. An application, personal references, and employment references are required of qualified candidates selected for an interview.
Utah Parent Center
Attention: Jennie Dopp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5296 S. Commerce Drive, Suite 302, Murray, UT 84107 Phone: (801) 272-1051
THE UTAH PARENT CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER