TITLE: Parent Consultant Serving Parents of Children and Youth with Disabilities in Cache and Logan School Districts, Utah Parent Center
LOCATION: Hybrid – Cache and/or Logan School District Offices, Utah Parent Center, Murray, and Remote
JOB STATUS: Part-time; 20+ hours per week/40+ per pay period
PAY RATE: $18.95/hour (Rate reflects included 15% benefit allotment)
OPENING DATE: July 1, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Sunday July 10, 2022 or When Filled with a Qualified Candidate
As an employee of the Utah Parent Center (UPC or Center), works from both the Cache and Logan School District offices or the UPC as a neutral party to assist parents who have children in special education programs and services in Cache and Logan School Districts; works with parents and others individually and in groups, to inform and train them in their rights, roles, and responsibilities; provides information and peer support to parents to help them work appropriately within the school system to resolve issues and meet the needs of their children; helps parents gain the necessary skills to build effective partnerships with educators and professionals; works with educators and professionals to create effective parent-professional partnerships; provides, as necessary, training and materials for parents and professionals; provides information and referral to various agencies, service providers; attends UPC staff meetings, training, and other activities with Center staff.
- Responsible directly to the Utah Parent Center Associate Director and Project Coordinator in collaboration with the Cache and Logan School District’s respective Special Education Directors.
- Works cooperatively with all staff members, volunteers, and Board members.
- Works collaboratively with parents and professionals.
- Must be the parent of a child with a disability
- Must live within either Cache or Logan School District boundaries
- Is a self-started and self-motivated individual who is proficient in researching information and problem-solving independently.
- Successfully undergo a background check.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing
- Experience in effective public speaking, presentations, and training
- Computer and word processing skills
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of services and programs available for parents of children and youth with disabilities
- Knowledge of parents’ special education procedural safeguards/rights and the IEP process
- Scheduling flexibility required
- Must be willing/available to travel across Cache and Logan School Districts as needed; use of reliable personal vehicle is required
- High school diploma required
TO APPLY, SUBMIT (by email, mail or in person):
- Letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position, AND
- Current résumé with personal and employment references.
Please include both the letter and the resume when responding. An application will be required from qualified candidates selected for an interview.
Utah Parent Center Attention: Esperanza Reyes
5296 S. Commerce Dr., Suite 302, Murray, Utah 84107
Phone: 801-272-1051 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org