Bilingual Administrative Assistant Position Announcement
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY (PRINTABLE VERSION)
TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – FULL TIME
LOCATION: Utah Parent Center – Murray Office –The UPC is a nonprofit Parent Training and Information Center serving parents of children, youth, and young adults with all disabilities.
JOB STATUS: 40 hours per week/80 per 2 week pay period based on available funding
SCHEDULE: 9:00 – 5:00 PM M-F
PAY RATE: $16.39/hour (based on qualifications – includes benefit allotment) (Health insurance is not available.)
OPENING DATE: Friday, January 15, 2021
CLOSING DATE: When Filled with a Qualified Candidate
COVID Statement: The Utah Parent Center follows all state and local guidelines for COVID-19. Masks are required in any common space. Temperatures are taken upon arrival. Currently, the UPC office are closed to the public with only a skeleton crew working in person at the office. New hires will have some training in person at the office with one or two other staff. Some training and work will occur remotely. Our employees health and safety is our top priority. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Cassandra at 801-272-1051.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES – all duties are job-shared with between several Administrative Assistants – specific assignments vary over time:
- Answers all incoming phone calls during hours scheduled in the office.
- Greets all callers and walk-ins to the UPC.
- Answers questions, directs to appropriate staff member or takes messages as needed.
- Establishes and maintains records, databases, and files.
- Shared responsibility to maintain several websites.
- Shared responsibility to retrieve data and assist in the preparation of reports.
- Shared responsibility for dissemination of electronic newsletters and other communication using listserv.
- Duplication/copying of information and training materials.
- Disseminates information and/or materials as needed/assigned (by mail, email, etc.)
- Performs general office duties in support of projects/UPC staff and administration as assigned.
- Provides computer support to staff, maintains office equipment, order and inventories supplies, etc. and related duties.
- Assists training staff with the preparation of workshop and training materials, supplies, etc.
- Provides support to staff as needed.
- Provides some direct service to individuals who contact the UPC (e.g. “simple” information and referral).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in schedule is required during office hours (typically 9-5 Monday through Friday) to insure office coverage. Some weekend and evening assistance may periodically be required to support workshops, conferences, or other activities.
GENERAL JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
- Responsible to the Lead Administrative Assistant under the Associate Director and/or UPC Executive Director. Training and coordination of workload is provided by a Lead Administrative Assistant and by peer mentors.
- Works cooperatively with all constituents of the Center, staff members, volunteers, Board members, and professionals.
- Works on multiple projects providing support to more than 30 staff in a dynamic, often demanding but rewarding work environment.
A qualified candidate:
- Bilingual – English/Spanish-speaking required.
- Must be reliable, punctual, organized, dependable, and able to work as a team member.
- Must have excellent communication skills on the phone and in-person as well as excellent written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (required).
- Has experience with databases, electronic distribution, online surveys, and social media.
- Has experience with web software, preferably with WordPress.
- Must type a minimum of 50 words per minute (candidates selected for an interview will be required to take a typing test).
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must accommodate flexible scheduling – see general job duties.
- Must be willing/available to travel across the state as needed; use of reliable personal vehicle is
- Has a minimum of a high school diploma (required) plus experience.
- Parents of a child, youth, or young adult with a disability are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT (by email, mail, or in person):
- Letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position
- Current resume including professional references
Please include both the letter and resume’ when responding and which position you are applying for (full-time or part-time).
An application, personal references, and employment references are required of qualified candidates selected for an interview. New hires must successfully pass background check.
Utah Parent Center Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Cassandra Shaw-Myers
5296 S. Commerce Dr. Ste 302, Murray, UT 84107 Phone: (801) 272-1051
THE UTAH PARENT CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER