TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – PART TIME
LOCATION: Utah Parent Center – Murray Office
The UPC is a nonprofit Parent Training and Information Center serving parents of children, youth, and young adults with all disabilities and individuals with disabilities.
JOB STATUS: Part Time: 20 hours per week/40 per 2 week pay period based on available funding
PAY RATE: $16.39/hour (based on qualifications – includes benefit allotment)
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Extended to Tuesday, October 26, 2021
GENERAL JOB DUTIES – all duties are job-shared with between several Administrative Assistants – specific assignments vary over time:
- Answers all incoming phone calls during hours scheduled in the office.
- Greets all callers and walk-ins to the UPC.
- Answers questions, directs to appropriate staff member or takes messages as needed.
- Establishes and maintains records, databases, and files.
- Shared responsibility to retrieve data and assist in the preparation of reports.
- Shared responsibility for dissemination of electronic newsletters and other communication using listserv.
- Duplication/copying of information and training materials.
- Disseminates information and/or materials as needed/assigned (by mail, email, etc.)
- Performs general office duties in support of projects/UPC staff and administration as assigned.
- Provides computer support to staff, maintains office equipment, order and inventories supplies, etc. and related duties.
- Assists training staff with the preparation of workshop and training materials, supplies, etc.
- Provides support to staff as needed.
- Provides some direct service to individuals who contact the UPC (e.g. “simple” information and referral).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in schedule is required during office hours (typically 9-5 Monday through Friday) to insure office coverage. Some weekend and evening assistance may periodically be required to support workshops, conferences, or other activities.
GENERAL JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
- Responsible to the Lead Administrative Assistant under the Associate Director and/or UPC Executive Director. Training and coordination of workload is provided by a Lead Administrative Assistant and by peer mentors.
- Works cooperatively with all constituents of the Center, staff members, volunteers, Board members, and professionals.
- Works on multiple projects providing support to more than 30 staff in a dynamic, often demanding but rewarding work environment.
A qualified candidate:
- Must be reliable, punctual, organized, dependable, and able to work as a team member.
- Must have excellent communication skills on the phone and in-person as well as excellent written communication skills.
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite (required).
- Has experience with databases, electronic distribution, online surveys, and social media.
- Has experience with web software, preferably with WordPress.
- Must type a minimum of 50 words per minute (candidates selected for an interview will be required to take a typing test).
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must accommodate flexible scheduling – see general job duties.
- Must be willing/available to travel across the state as needed; use of reliable personal vehicle is required.
- Has a minimum of a high school diploma (required) plus experience.
- Spanish-speaking desirable, but not required.
- Parents of a child, youth, or young adult with a disability are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT (by email, mail, or in person):
- Letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position
- Current resume including professional references
Please include both the letter and resume’ when responding and which position (full time or part time) you are applying for.
An application, personal references, and employment references are required of qualified candidates selected for an interview. New hires must successfully pass background check.
Utah Parent Center Email: email@example.com
Attention: Cassandra Shaw-Myers
5296 S Commerce Dr., Suite 302, Salt Lake City, UT 84107 Phone: (801) 272-1051